- All my pieces have the following information permanently burned with pyrography into the bottom: "Wes Jones", "serial no.", and "wood species".
- All bowls have food-safe finishes. Wash with water and dishwashing liquid as soon as possible after use and dry immediately. Do not put in dishwasher.
- All wood products will eventually darken due to oxidation and UV exposure. You can preserve the color of your turned piece by not exposing it to direct sunlight.
- To make large turned pieces like this, I turn the wood on a wood lathe as soon as I get the wood home, while it is still "wet" and full of moisture. I turn the piece leaving the wall thickness approximately twice as thick as desired in the finished piece. The roughed out piece is stored in a paper bag to dry slowly for the next 12 months. Then the dry, warped piece is put back on the lathe and reshaped, taken down to the finished thickness, and sanded. I finish the pieces off the lathe, typically with multiple coats of a hand-rubbed oil finish over the next 2 weeks.
- I hope you enjoy your unique piece of hand-turned art.
/ Additional Information